As the owner of a motorcycle, it is your legal duty to ensure it is roadworthy and does not pose a hazard to yourself, any passengers, other road users or the general public.
Regular servicing will ensure any mechanical or electrical problems are ironed out ahead of your MOT and of course before they affect the safe operation of your motorbike. Your motorbike may also be more efficient and more pleasant to ride when all the components are in optimum condition.
FULL SERVICE: WHAT’S CHECKED?
Oil change – the grade used will depend on the manufacturer’s recommendation
- New oil filter
- New air filter
- New spark plugs
- Test/replace/top-up coolant as required
CHASSIS & BRAKE CHECKS
- Brake callipers removed and cleaned
- Brake pistons degreased
- Hydraulic Brake Fluid System inspected, topped up or replaced as required
- Control cables, levers and pivots (throttle, clutch, brakes) cleaned and lubricated
- Adjustment of throttle and clutch
- Battery electrolyte level checked and topped up as required
- Steering play and race bearing kit – examined for any looseness and adjusted as necessary
- Front fork – inspected and checked for operation
- Rear suspension – inspected and checked for operation
- All fasteners – including engine mounting and chassis bolts – inspected and tightened as required
- Wheel bearings – checked
Main and side stands checked and lubricated
- Headlight checked for aim and focus – adjusted as required
- Fuel hosed checked
- Tyre pressures – checked and adjusted as necessary
- Chain – adjusted and lubricated as necessary
- General lubrication
A full service will include a road test to ensure the motorbike is running as expected.
HOW MUCH IS A SERVICE FOR YOUR MOTORBIKE?
The cost of a service depends on the size of your engine and type of machine. With your motorcycle registration number, mileage and service history we can give you an exact price.
FULL SERVICE VS INTERIM SERVICE: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
We also offer ‘interim checks’, which go into less detail than full services, but still ensure the vital components of your motorbike are working as they should be. As the name suggests, this service should keep your bike in good condition between full services. The service will include an oil and oil filter change, as well as checks to brake callipers, pistons, cables, levers, pivots, wheel bearings, headlights, chain function and tyre pressure, among others. It will also include a road test.
Kynochs Industrial Estate, East The Water, Bideford EX39 4DT
Monday: 08:00 - 18:00
Tuesday: 08:00 - 18:00
Wednesday: 08:00 - 18:00
Thursday: 08:00 - 18:00
Friday: 08:00 - 18:00
Saturday: BY APPOINTMENT